Binutils & jhalfs-2.2

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 22 13:45:35 PDT 2007

Hapa Heinämies wrote:
> Hello. First time to give a try to automated build. I've been building manually for several years now and I really would appreciate some automation to build up the base. But on with the show... my host is unstable Debian with binutils-2.17...
Jhalfs tests for the binutils version by examining the first line of
text from the cmd 'ld --version'  What do you see?
now when I fire up the make script it goes all well up to the point
where i save the conf. Kernel and all other options are green except
binutils and script gives me an error and dies away. How can I override
this one (tell me where this script takes place)
In common/libs/func_check_version.sh look for 'BINUTILS'. You can
comment out this line if you wish but I would prefer to find the reason
for the failure rather than skip the test.
or do I have really something weird going on here... Manually I can
start building according to LFS SVN and all goes well. Please help me
with this one... tnx a lot mates