r3353 - in jhalfs/trunk: . LFS common common/libs

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Fri May 18 10:21:57 PDT 2007

El Jueves, 17 de Mayo de 2007 21:49, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas escribió:

From alfs-log list.

> Sometimes packages during installation, leave in the root system files that
> are _older_ than the timestamp (mostly docs or configs), in a result
> find can not track them.

I know that that was an issue with some BLFS packages, but not sure about LFS
packages. It's a matter to test it.

> This can be avoided, if during unpacking, either the '-m' or '--touch' tar
> option is being used, so tar will not extract file's modified time,
> or else from within the sources, execute the following
> find . -exec touch {} \;
>
> But *this* is overkill, since tar can do the same thing with no cost.

The tar option looks more obvious, but I think that to be useful the package's
sources files touch need be done after creating the timestamp-marker file.

And we must be sure that that will not mess some package build. For example,
what could happen if some foo.{in,am} file ends having a newer timestamp than
foo?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia