Welcoming HLFS back into the fold

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:42:21 PDT 2007

On 3/28/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:

> > Chapter 6.12 Butterfly Toolchain
> >     There are a series of tests which validate the toolchain. These
> > programs return a 'failure status' if the toolchain is working properly
> > and cause jhalfs to abort. To keep jhalfs running we will have to turn
> > off error trapping or do some work with xsl.
> >
> >     The following seems to do the trick
> >
> >    ./fortify_test || true; echo $?
> >
> >    ./ssp-test || true; echo $?
>
> Maybe we should bomb jhalfs if thats test don't return a failure status

I just put this in the other thread, but just put ! at the beginning
if you know failure means success.

$ ! ./fortify_test; echo $?

[11:36 AM dan at conor] cat > fail.sh << "EOF"
#!/bin/bash
exit 1
EOF
[11:41 AM dan at conor] chmod +x fail.sh
[11:41 AM dan at conor] ./fail.sh ; echo $?
1
[11:41 AM dan at conor] ! ./fail.sh ; echo $?
0
--
Dan