LFS toolchain commands "nodump"

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Wed Mar 28 10:42:02 PDT 2007

El Miércoles, 28 de Marzo de 2007 06:40, Dan Nicholson escribió:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was going to post this on lfs-dev, but I figured Manuel probably
> made these changes, and they're only relevant here.
>
> I don't know about Ch. 5, but the readjusting commands in Ch. 6 are
> marked with nodump and jhalfs never runs them. Is there any reason for
> that? The commands are written to always return successfully unless
> something has gone wrong. I run them as sanity checks in scripts all
> the time.
>
> Your thoughts? Just an oversight?

Thats Ch 6 nodump was added by Jeremy in r7583 (2006-05-02), I don't know wy?

I agree that it should be run. Actually at this moment we are trying to figure
out how can be run a HLFS test that returns "failure" when the toolchain
works correctly.

I you're confident that all test must pass, feel free to remove the nodump.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia