gcc fails with jhalfs/clfs

Michael Hofmann westbound at gmx.net
Sun Mar 18 03:11:50 PDT 2007

> What CLFS book version are you trying to build and with what
> jhalfs version?

I am using jhalfs-2.2 and clfs-1.0.0, host system is the LFS live CD.

> The actual build error can be found in
> /mnt/build_dir/jhalfs/logs/101-gcc.
> What says that file?

Currently I can not access this file, will check later.

I started a fresh jhalfs run this morning, on a freshly prepared
partition and also downloaded a new instance of gcc with the related
patches. I am expecting to reach the critical point in about one hour, will report then.

> > "apm: set display: no APM present"

This probably has nothing to do with the LFS build, as it always happens just before the screen goes blank. If I keep the console busy, e.g. by tapping the shift key once in a while, it doesn't happen. It just surprised me as I have never seen this before.

.