gcc fails with jhalfs/clfs

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Sun Mar 18 02:44:10 PDT 2007

El Sábado, 17 de Marzo de 2007 20:25, Michael Hofmann escribió:
> I am trying to crosscompile with jhalfs, target is an i486 while host is an
> i686. Halfway through the process I get an error:
>
> make : *** [101-gcc] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/build_dir/jhalfsŽ
> <jhalfs 2.2> exit
> make: *** [all] Error 2

What CLFS book version are you trying to build and with what jhalfs version?

> There is nothing else, all the previous steps seem to complete ok. A second
> jhalfs-run broke off at the same position. I have no idea what to do with
> this error message, any hints what could be wrong?

The actual build error can be found in  /mnt/build_dir/jhalfs/logs/101-gcc.
What says that file?

> Side note: all the gcc and glibc builds throw out
> "apm: set display: no APM present"
> Will this have any ill effects on the target system, which has only APM,
> but no APCI?

Huw??

That is new to me. Looks like error messages from your X server, but don't
should be here. What distro are you using as host?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia