055-stripping still crashing

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Mar 15 15:40:19 PDT 2007

El Jueves, 15 de Marzo de 2007 23:24, Dan Nicholson escribió:
> I didn't investigate, but I thought I'd let you know that the
> stripping target is still crashing jhalfs for me. This is on a Fedora
> system, so something may be different than a typical LFS setup. I
> wanted to know if this was still a known problem or if I should dig in
> further.

In my system 055-stripping generates a segfault on progress_bar.sh, due that
it is using the sleep command from /tools at that point, but the stripping is
done and the build continues fine.

I don't know how to fix that. If using /bin/sleep then the segfault will be on
the second stripping phase. Maybe something like this could work?

if [[ "$SHELL" = "/bin/bash" ]] ; then
  SLEEP=/bin/sleep
else
  SLEEP=/tools/bin/sleep