HLFS support staus

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 30 18:18:47 PDT 2007

M.Canales.es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I has working on the jhalfs support for current HLFS SVN code, but I'm having
> a build failure on the butterfly-toolchain phase. Not sure yet if that
> failure is a book bug, a jhalfs bug, or a host-related issue.
>
> More info about the build failure on
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/hlfs-dev/2007-June/003629.html
>
> Please, could someone try a Glbc+linux-2.4 build using current jhalfs SVN
> code?
>
> I would know if others have the same build failure or not.

My machine has been down for quite a while and I have not had the
opportunity to try hlfs in a while. I will start a build today by may
not have the chance to look at the output for a day or so (Canada Day
today).

I also noticed a problem with CLF-Embedded. We do not set the ABI
variable 'BUILD' in config menu. According to the book there a number of
choices.. -m32/-m64/-mabi=32/-mabi=n32/-mabi=64 .. depending on the
processor and library. As a test I hand coded the variable for a build
and it failed. I don't know if it is the book or jhalfs (sound familiar)

I will let you know about hlfs in a day or so.

   George