Checkout SVN soures without svn access

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:34:57 PDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Anonymous checkouts should be possible via
> http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS (probably best to use a browser to view
> the tags/branches/trunk structure so you only pull what you need).  This
> could probably do with being documented on the website for all the projects.

Matthew, you can't checkout, unfortunately. The apache config needs to
be updated a bit to allow REPORT for non-valid users. We have:

    # Limit HTTP clients to read-only operations
    <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS>
        Require valid-user
    </LimitExcept>

But according to

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz.blanket

we need:

  # For any operations other than these, require an authenticated user.
  <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
    Require valid-user
  </LimitExcept>

The REPORT is missing, and this is how co is barfing for me:

$ svn co http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/ jhalfs
svn: REPORT request failed on '/ALFS/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: Could not open the requested SVN filesystem

Could you take a look on quantum? I don't have permissions for that.

--
Dan