jhalfs-trunk problems?

Per Arne Munthe lfs at peram.org
Tue Feb 20 06:07:54 PST 2007

David Barron wrote:

> George Boudreau wrote:
>> David Barron wrote:
>>> I'm trying the jhalfs-trunk for the first time and I'm running into
>>> something I don't know how to get around.  I've encountered it for a
>>> couple of things but for example let's say I want to build ntp from
>>> the BLFS svn edition.  I select ntp in the menu and exit.  I get
>>> asked if what I've selected is right and I type yes, etc etc etc.
>>>
>>> Finally I get this:
>>>
>>> Generating ntp dependencies tree...
>>> ...done
>>> Generating ntp-index.xml ...done
>>> Generating <ntp> HTML book from <blfs-xml>
>>> xml files ...make: *** [menuconfig] Error 5
>>>
>>> Did I miss a dependency?
>>>
>>   my mistake.. jhalfs/BLFS is not broken.. I am :-)
>>   I was able to run the scripts with no problem and generate a ntp
>> Makefile.
>>   Did you see a ntp directory inside the $HOME/blfs-root directory?

[snip]

I'm seeing the same when trying to build Xorg on a fresh LFS 6.-2
install.  When checking the logs I get the same error and trying to
download the referenced files with wget failes :

    -su-3.1# wget
    http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.69.1/xhtml/chunk-code.xsl
    --16:19:03--
    http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.69.1/xhtml/chunk-code.xsl
               => `chunk-code.xsl'
    Resolving docbook.sourceforge.net... 66.35.250.209
    Connecting to docbook.sourceforge.net|66.35.250.209|:80... connected.
    16:19:03 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Is this a problem with my installation, or has the files moved at
sourceforge ?

regs,

peram