Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:27:45 PST 2007

On 2/15/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 04:06, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
> > George/Manuel, is there any reason why we can't just set "SHELL =
> > /bin/bash" in the Makefile?
>
> Is a matter to test is that works. I.e, on a Ubuntu host with /bin/sh
> --> /bin/dash, build an LFS-SVH system using current jhalfs-SVN (before the
> Glibc build go to the book).

I tested this out now that I got a working dash. Making the
SHELL=/bin/bash changes as discussed, glibc died just where we
expected. Adding the SHELL argument to the glibc-specific makes fixed
the problem.

I'm now building the rest of Ch. 5, but I don't expect any problems.
I'll let you guys now.

--
Dan