jhalfs bugs

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 16 12:37:35 PST 2007

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Viernes, 16 de Febrero de 2007 02:08, George Boudreau escribió:
>> Manuel,
>>   I ran into some serious bugs while testing jhalfs. The big ones are
>> with custom_files and the inclusion of BLFS in CLFS-sysroot and
>> CLFS-embedded.  Those books build using sysroot or DESTDIR and die when
>> trying to utilize plain vanilla scripts. LFS and CLFS are build using
>> chroot and this is ok with the scripts. For CLFS-s and CLFS-e custom and
>> blfs scripts must be run once the system is booted.
>
> In CLFS-embeded there is no option to compile more packages after booting:
> there is no build tools installed on the final system. Thus the use of
> CUSTOM_TOOLS is the unique way for installing additional packages.
>
> Yes, the pre-made blfs-deps and custom build scripts don't work as-is on that
> books. But IMHO a note in the proper *-README files discussing that those
> script are designed for an LFS system based on Glibc and that will need be
> fixed by the user to work with other books should be enough.
   I will work up some examples for CLFS-E and make a note in the README.

>>   Off Topic:: Do you have any experience with finite state machine when
>> used with communications protocols? I have very little forehead left
>> from beating it against the wall over the SVN protocol.
>
> I don't know, sorry.
   No problem, I will continue to beat away at the SVN protocol and code
it the hard way. Once it is finished I will have a minimal library that
will allow svn package downloads/upgrades without having to install the
subversion package. (the majority of people have readonly access and
have no need of the all the bells and whistles)