Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:47:26 PST 2007

On 2/16/07, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Obviously, if you're in a /bin/dash shell yourself and aren't using jhalfs
> you'll trigger loads of problems, I'd guess.

Not exactly. For instance, I can't execute a config.guess script with
dash because it barfs whenever the : (do nothing) command comes up.
So, can you unpack binutils-2.16.1 and run ./config.guess or dash
./config.guess? Later, when config.status is created, it breaks on the
same thing, but it's more serious because the sed substituion on
Makefile.in doesn't work.

--
Dan