Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Fri Feb 16 10:53:21 PST 2007

El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 22:59, Matthew Burgess escribió:

> Personally, I consider forcing a particular shell to be used an ugly hack
> :-)

And I see make not using the SHELL env user variable and forcing /bin/sh by
default as a bug ;-)

> > Like Dan pointed and my test seems confirm, should be enough removing
> > that 3 occurrences of  SHELL=/bin/bash and adding it to the top with the
> > other Makefile variables settings.
>
> Well, after that fix is put in,

That fix is now in trunk.

> will you accept any patches that do
> POSIX-ify the shell syntax piecemeal (i.e. so we can replace each of those
> SHELL=/bin/bash settings one at a time)?  That way we shouldn't break
> anything, right?

Well, tacking into account that all *LFS books have in their host
prerequisites that Bash must be available and that must be the shell used by
the builder user to set-up a sane environment, I don't see a real need to do
jhalfs POSIX-compatible.

But if you are willing to make such patch keeping availbables all current
jhalfs features and extensions I will be happly aplying it.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia