jhalfs bugs

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Fri Feb 16 10:13:23 PST 2007

El Viernes, 16 de Febrero de 2007 02:08, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>   I ran into some serious bugs while testing jhalfs. The big ones are
> with custom_files and the inclusion of BLFS in CLFS-sysroot and
> CLFS-embedded.  Those books build using sysroot or DESTDIR and die when
> trying to utilize plain vanilla scripts. LFS and CLFS are build using
> chroot and this is ok with the scripts. For CLFS-s and CLFS-e custom and
> blfs scripts must be run once the system is booted.

In CLFS-embeded there is no option to compile more packages after booting:
there is no build tools installed on the final system. Thus the use of
CUSTOM_TOOLS is the unique way for installing additional packages.

Yes, the pre-made blfs-deps and custom build scripts don't work as-is on that
books. But IMHO a note in the proper *-README files discussing that those
script are designed for an LFS system based on Glibc and that will need be
fixed by the user to work with other books should be enough.

>   Off Topic:: Do you have any experience with finite state machine when
> used with communications protocols? I have very little forehead left
> from beating it against the wall over the SVN protocol.

I don't know, sorry.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia