jhalfs bugs

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 15 17:08:35 PST 2007

Manuel,
  I ran into some serious bugs while testing jhalfs. The big ones are
with custom_files and the inclusion of BLFS in CLFS-sysroot and
CLFS-embedded.  Those books build using sysroot or DESTDIR and die when
trying to utilize plain vanilla scripts. LFS and CLFS are build using
chroot and this is ok with the scripts. For CLFS-s and CLFS-e custom and
blfs scripts must be run once the system is booted.
   For the moment I have removed custom and BLFS from 'all:' until I
clean up the calling scripts mk_CUSTOM_TOOLS and mk_BLFS_TOOLS.

  Off Topic:: Do you have any experience with finite state machine when
used with communications protocols? I have very little forehead left
from beating it against the wall over the SVN protocol.

   Georgea