Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:31:47 PST 2007


On 2/15/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 22:15, Matthew Burgess escribió:
>
> > Here's a description of the changes I've had to make.  Thankfully, there's
> > only one horrible hack so far, though I've got some unwanted '-e's
> > appearing in log files and the progress bar output.  That's probably due to
> > non-POSIX use of `echo' but I'm not too bothered by it...yet :-)
>
> There is no need to do all that ugly hacks that may break several parts of
> jhalfs (report creation, ICA/farce, optimization, etc.).
>
> Like Dan pointed and my test seems confirm, should be enough removing  that 3
> occurrences of  SHELL=/bin/bash and adding it to the top with the other
> Makefile variables settings.

I tried doing the same things Matthew was doing last night, but it got
really ugly fast. If we can make the jhalfs Makefile be processed by
bash but not propagate it down to other make processes, that would
make things a lot easier.

In the long run, it might be better to have the commands in the
Makefile portable, but it seems like a big hassle.

--
Dan



More information about the alfs-discuss mailing list