CLFS-embedded

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 15 12:18:58 PST 2007

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 20:24, George Boudreau escribió:
>> Manuel,
>>    Although the CLFS-E book does not work and fails on busybox I was
>> able to complete a build with a few minor adjustments to the book
>> contents. (I have sent my findings to Jim) I give 2 thumbs-ups for
>> CLFS-E for script construction and makefile generation.
>
> Great.
>
> In the WRT commit I'm a little confused about why PLATFORM id defined two
> times.

   First there is a choice of platforms (bool values)
    PLATFORM_GENERIC
    PLATFORM_WRT
    PLATFORM_... (future choices)

   Then we set the variable PLATFORM based on the PLATFORM_xxx. PLATFORM
is a string variable.
   In CLFS3/master.sh I include the scripts for the WRT platform based
on the value in PLATFORM. I could use the value in ARCH and remove
PLATFORM from the config file.
   If you wish to change Config.in and CLFS3/master.sh I have no objections.