Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Feb 15 11:13:03 PST 2007

El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 19:44, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> Although it would be nice to have a Ubuntu host, any host with sh ->
> dash would work, too. I'll try to rip off a couple builds when I get a
> chance. I've been interested in using dash as sh for a while anyway
> (let's see where the bootscripts fail).

After a few test-cases using this simple Makefile, instead the one from you
example, to be more like the jhalfs one, I'm almost secure that it should
work as expected:

cat > Makefile << "EOF"
SHELL = /bin/bash
SU_LUSER       = su - clfs -c
all: sudo
 echo $$SHELL

sudo:
 (sudo $(SU_LUSER) "source .bashrc && cd /mnt/build_dir/test && make step")

step: foo
 echo $$SHELL

foo:
 echo $$SHELL
 ./foo.sh
EOF

The output is:

$ make
(sudo su - clfs -c "source .bashrc && cd /mnt/build_dir/test && make step")
echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
./foo.sh
declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/build_dir/test'
echo $SHELL
/bin/sh
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/build_dir/test'
echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

All targets into the master Makefile are using /bin/bash, like we need, but
the external "bar" makefile is using /bin/sh, like was expected by the book.

I will implement the changes tomorrow, if no one find a show-stopper.

> Manuel, I'm a little confused on how the optimization works in jhalfs.
> I really just want to build in parallel with -j3. I don't care about
> the CFLAGS right now. What's the right way to enable these kind of
> settings. I had a hard time understanding what's going on in
> opt_config.d.

To use only

MAKEFLAGS="-j3"

with no other optimizations settings, just set this:

DEF_OPT_MODE=noOpt

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia