Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:44:47 PST 2007

On 2/15/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 04:06, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
> > George/Manuel, is there any reason why we can't just set "SHELL =
> > /bin/bash" in the Makefile?
>
> Is a matter to test is that works. I.e, on a Ubuntu host with /bin/sh
> --> /bin/dash, build an LFS-SVH system using current jhalfs-SVN (before the
> Glibc build go to the book).

Although it would be nice to have a Ubuntu host, any host with sh ->
dash would work, too. I'll try to rip off a couple builds when I get a
chance. I've been interested in using dash as sh for a while anyway
(let's see where the bootscripts fail).

Manuel, I'm a little confused on how the optimization works in jhalfs.
I really just want to build in parallel with -j3. I don't care about
the CFLAGS right now. What's the right way to enable these kind of
settings. I had a hard time understanding what's going on in
opt_config.d.

--
Dan