Glibc build failure with /bin/sh -> /bin/dash

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Feb 15 10:12:02 PST 2007

El Jueves, 15 de Febrero de 2007 04:06, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> George/Manuel, is there any reason why we can't just set "SHELL =
> /bin/bash" in the Makefile?

Is a matter to test is that works. I.e, on a Ubuntu host with /bin/sh
--> /bin/dash, build an LFS-SVH system using current jhalfs-SVN (before the
Glibc build go to the book).

Backup that system, modify the Makefile for the SHELL change, build a new
system (using just the same build scripts that in the previous build, but
with the new Makefile).

If the second build don't bomb in Glibc, or bomb on some jhalfs-internal
command, then no lucky for us.

If the second build bomb in Glibc, then add the SHELL=/bin/bash to the
chapter5 Glibc build script, like the book will do, and finish the second
system build.

Last, do an ICA/farce analysis on both system. They should be identical. If
not, then there are other related issues that will need be investigated.

Some volunter to do that work?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia