problems to make glibc-2.3.6 : /tools/include/asm/errno.h:4:31: error: asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 14 13:21:53 PST 2007

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Miércoles, 14 de Febrero de 2007 21:11, Matthew Burgess escribió:
>
>> Thinking about this a bit more, now that we know that LFS needs to be built
>> under bash, can we not just get rid of the workaround of doing `make
>> SHELL=/bin/bash' in jhalfs and instead just do a config check on the host
>> instead to see what the current shell is and bail out if it's anything
>> other than 'bash'?  FYI, although Ubuntu uses /bin/dash by default,
>> /bin/bash is available on a default install so it shouldn't be hard for a
>> user to get a sane environment.
>
> Maybe, but jhalfs is used also to build HLFS and CLFSx systems.
>
> Moving this to alfs-discuss to allow George to can discuss about it.
   I have not been following this thread as I thought it was book/design
issue as opposed to a jhalfs one.
   The current requirement is bash must exist on the system. If jhalfs
will build all books without a hitch then I do not see the value in
crashing jhalfs just because /bin/sh does not point to bash.
   FYI the original change request to accommodate Ubuntu/Dash was
started by TheOldFellow on Nov.06 2006.

  ( If JHALFS-3.0 ever learns to fly it will not be using Bash only
C/C++ or some other high level language. )