CLFS-Embedded and Wireless Router

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Wed Feb 14 10:43:38 PST 2007

El Miércoles, 14 de Febrero de 2007 00:11, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    I have the WRT book included in jhalfs but before I do a commit we
> need to talk about some new config parameters.
>    The WRT book is directed towards building on a a specific MIPS
> platform and I needed to create a new configurable parameter PLATFORM.
> This var contains either "GENERIC" or "WRT - MIPS Wireless Router". If
> we maintain the non-generic format "ID text" " - Description" I can
> parse the ID with ${var% -*} (when I need to know the platform)

I'm not sure what do you meant, isn't enough adding a separate "wrt" arch?

What I'm sure is that CLFS-embedded is broken from a jhalfs point of view:
e2fsprogs is missing from materials/packages.xml and the WRT specifics
packages list should be moved from system-preps/ to material/. I will post
about that in clfs-dev.

Plus, for WRT we need to add to the Makefile the system-preps/ scripts, that
aren't used in X86 or MIPS.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia