ALFS project status

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 14 08:15:45 PST 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there was no mail from Manuel Candales for two months or so. Does
> anyone know what happened to him?

Unfortunately, no.

> The problem for the LFS family of projects is that he was the only
> active jhalfs developer, thus, the ALFS project either needs
> additional developers, or has to be officially declared no longer
> existing. Any volunteers? I am not volunteering, because I know
> nothing about XSLT.
I know it doesn't say much, as I'm not very active with the project as
of right now, but I'm working my way back to it. But I'm still here. I
was planning to tackle some ALFS stuff this weekend. I'm no XSLT guru
like Manuel, but I do ok with it.

> This is not the case of "everything works perfectly, thus no new
> development" - in fact I had to patch jhalfs on LFS LiveCD in order to
> fix a critical bug that prevents French users from running jhalfs, and
> I want to have some known ALFS-related directions for possible future
> CDs.

And by this weekend that patch should be in svn.

Thomas