LFS/LiveCD PM proposal

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Wed Aug 15 11:22:23 PDT 2007

El Miércoles, 15 de Agosto de 2007 19:17, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>
>    Should jhalfs have an opinion on Jeremy's idea?
>
>    If they go ahead with this we could change the structure of jhalfs
> from a the current huge makefile to a package manager driver in the
> final stage.

To be usefull for developers,  jhalfs must be keeped as closed as possible to
the books commands. If the book includes PM support, jhalfs will include it
by defalt.

With the current Bash&XSL-based code, to add a PM without having a base
support in the book might need very intrusive changes. Plus, if the case that
the selected PM need estra spec files for each package, who will maintain
they?

Yes from a user point of view PM support will be very cool, the question is
what to use and how implement it without breaking by-the-book builds.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia