changing password after jhalfs

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Mon Aug 13 10:54:41 PDT 2007

El Lunes, 13 de Agosto de 2007 19:26, sacarde escribió:
> help,
>    I install lfs by lfs-livecd and jhalfs (svn version)
>
> all work OK !  great
>
> but when I reboot in host system to adjust and edit some file,
> when I try to change root password I have this:

Then, you are trying to do that from inside the lfs-livecd or another host,
right?

> passwd root
> Changing password for root
> Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 127 characters)
> Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
> Bad password: too short.
> Warning: weak password (enter it again to use it anyway).
> Password changed.
>
> and password is null
>
> how can I modify password root ?

Have you mounted manually the kernel filesystems and entered manually into the
chroot jail to perfom that commad.

Maybe you are trying to change the host root password instead of assigning one
to the LFS root user

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia