instructions step by step JHALFS
macana at macana-es.com
Fri Aug 10 09:47:27 PDT 2007
El Viernes, 10 de Agosto de 2007 12:16, sacarde escribió:
> now I would like to install blfs by jhalfs
> is there an example to follow to do (step by step) for compiling ....
> for a standard example:
> Xorg + KDEcore + some usefull utility
From my current experience using blfs-tool:
- Use the current jhalfs trunk code, there is some small bugs fixed.
- Do the Post-LFS configuration steeps you want to implement before starting
building BLFS packages.
- Start building that console utilities and general libraries that you want to
use or that are common dependencies for several packages ( Glib2, graphic
libraries, fcron, mc, etc.)
- Then build Xorg7 being sure that it works properly. Install also the Nvidia
or Ati driver if you need it.
- If you want a KDE-based desktop, install QT, D-BUS + HAL, and ALSA. After
that you can start with KDE packages.
VERY IMPORTANT: review with a lot of care all generated build scripts and
Makefiles. You will need to edit a lot of them.
Note: when installing QT the configure stage stop waiting the license
approval. You must pipe yes to configure to let it do the build.
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
LFS en castellano: http://www.escomposlinux.org/lfs-es http://www.lfs-es.info
More information about the alfs-discuss