Ubuntu?

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Wed Aug 1 09:18:19 PDT 2007

I'm sorry, I don't recall bashing the developers for not fixing
the scripts.  I do recall bashing the "it's not our problem
statement".  As a matter of fact, I don't really expect the developers
to do anything about it all.  Hence my description of the problem
and my solution so others that may experience a similar problem
may find my solution useful.

As to compiling using a live CD, that works really good IF you
have a CD drive.

And yes I'm acutely aware of distro differences and version
differences with a particular distro .  Not only does my software
deal with all of the assorted linux distro particularities, it
also deals with OS differences between linux, Solaris, AIX, HP/UX,
QNX, and SCO just to name a few.

To be clear, I'm not unhappy with LFS/ALFS.  As a matter of
fact, I quite like it a lot.  I was just try to suggest a fairly simple
change to scripts used that would make it even more useful.  But
more it was intended to help out those that may run across the
same sort of problem.