Ubuntu?

Craig Jackson craigmjackson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:11:32 PDT 2007

> Just one last quick note.  It would be nice if advanced features of these
> commands were not used so the ALFS system would work out of the
> box with distros like Ubuntu.  Just my 2 cents.

ALFS does not have a lot of dependencies.  The major parts would exist
in any distro that correctly has its toolchain packages
(gcc,glibc,binutils) set up.  You can try running "sudo apt-get
install build-essential" on your host, but if this does not provide
the results you are looking for, there is simply a package or two that
was hacked up a bit too much in Ubuntu to provide even a basic build
environment.

Craig Jackson
(TheEpitome)