Early fault running jhalfs-2.0 on clfs-svn

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 11 03:14:27 PST 2006

El Viernes, 10 de Noviembre de 2006 23:39, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> I don't agree. The whole reason that we put the #!/bin/sh shebang in
> scripts is that we can expect a Posix compliant shell. What we're
> doing here (I do this myself, too) is using Bash. Ubuntu ships with
> Bash, just has sh->dash. So, we should stop fooling around and make
> the shell we want bash instead of griping about what /bin/sh is.
> There's no rule that says sh->bash. Or, go back through all the
> scripts and make them fully Posix compliant. There's an easy solution
> and a hard solution here.

Well, taking into account that the books expect that the host is running bash
while building the system (~/.bash_profile is what is used to set up a sane
environment) and that some book's commands may have bashims, I think that is
better to invoke explicitly /bin/bash is all places where a shell is needed.

I will do the changes in the XSL code now.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia