Early fault running jhalfs-2.0 on clfs-svn

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 7 11:49:15 PST 2006

El Martes, 7 de Noviembre de 2006 13:39, George Boudreau escribió:

>    OK, I pinched of a new partition and installed Ubuntu. I am no expert
> what should and shouldn't be installed on a system but 6.10 has /bin/sh
> -> dash.  A quit search tells me 'dash' is a minimalist sh intended for
> a floppy install. (On a desktop? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh )

That looks a very bad decision from Ubuntu developers :-/

>    Solutions (add more if you know of any)
>
>     remove timing of builds for everyone
> 1.       or
>     find a different timing method

The time value is needed for SBU measurement. Another timing method, if any,
will require changes on create-sbu_du-report.sh

> 2. temporarily reassign /bin/sh to /bin/bash during the running of the
> Makefile. This has potential problems if the Makefile crashes and cannot
> do housekeeping and generally it is not nice to play with the host.

In other words, warn the user that /bin/sh must be a link to /bin/bash to can
use jhalfs.

> 3. Modify the Makefile to explicitly call /bin/bash when recursively
> called using sudo.

If works that could be the most fail-safe way.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia