Early fault running jhalfs-2.0 on clfs-svn

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 6 13:33:37 PST 2006

TheOldFellow wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:44:03 -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
>> That just looks like a typo having } and ). Richard, what happens if
>> you put "SHELL = /bin/bash" somewhere in the Makefile? Or you can just
>> do "SHELL=/bin/bash make ...".
>
> I put SHELL = "/bin/bash" in the Makefile in jhalfs-2.0 (i.e. the jhalfs
> script builder), and then added it to the built script Makefile.  This
> failed.  However, when I ALSO edited 032-linux-headers to start
> "#!/bin/bash", it worked.  I'm having to do that on each generated script.
>
> So we are now completely sure that these problems are to do with
> "bashisms". Sorry George, either you need to make the scripts explicitly
> say "bash", or say ubuntu ain't supported!
.. A test (for me):
1.  save your current work and
2.  edit the two lines in the clfs.xsl that write the sha-bang
   !/bin/sh  to !/bin/bash
3. delete the clfs-commands directory..
     and rerun jhalfs

   This will create the required /bin/bash for now. I will look at the
what is necessary to make the scripts shell neutral.