Early fault running jhalfs-2.0 on clfs-svn

TheOldFellow TheOldFellow at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:24:07 PST 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:44:03 -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> That just looks like a typo having } and ). Richard, what happens if
> you put "SHELL = /bin/bash" somewhere in the Makefile? Or you can just
> do "SHELL=/bin/bash make ...".

I put SHELL = "/bin/bash" in the Makefile in jhalfs-2.0 (i.e. the jhalfs
script builder), and then added it to the built script Makefile.  This
failed.  However, when I ALSO edited 032-linux-headers to start
"#!/bin/bash", it worked.  I'm having to do that on each generated script.

So we are now completely sure that these problems are to do with
"bashisms". Sorry George, either you need to make the scripts explicitly
say "bash", or say ubuntu ain't supported!

R.