Early fault running jhalfs-2.0 on clfs-svn

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 10:52:45 PST 2006

On 11/6/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:

> >>    strange, '-e' has been part of the makefile since day 1.
> >>    I will change the tab requirement.
> >
> > That's because sh=bash on all of our systems (probably). But Richard
> > is using Ubuntu where this doesn't seem to be the case.
> >
>    In the trunk I have changed/added the following.
> at the end of the constant definition
>
> add   tab_ = '\t'
> add   nl_  = '\t'
>
> replace all "\\t" with "$(tab_)"
> replace all "echo -e"  with "echo "
>
>    TOF - could you try this on your Ubuntu

Hey George, if you want to play around with a real Bourne shell (to
see just how compatible your scripts are), try out the heirloom sh.

http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/sh.html

Don't `make install', though, unless you don't like your current
/bin/sh! I installed it on anduin in my home directory as jsh to play
around. I haven't gotten around to installing it on my home box.

It's a lot of fun to find out how not compatible your scripts are. :)
Much easier to just say /bin/bash this.

--
Dan