Greetings and a General Cleanup

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 4 04:51:24 PST 2006

El Viernes, 3 de Noviembre de 2006 23:10, George Boudreau escribió:

>     As long as you have 2 free neurons able to make a connection you can
> learn.

One and half could be enough?

> jhalfs-2.0 serves its purpose well, to automate the extraction and
> building of LFS series book. It is possible to move beyond this
> definition but not without pain.

Yes, and that is what need be evaluated: how many complicated could be to move
on the bash code to a open framework plugins-friendly in front of porting the
current and future planned features to a binary solution.

>    jhalfs-3.0 will have another definition and code will be written to
> support those specs. Specs first, code later.

I'm not good writing specs. IMHO, the new implementation must have all
features found in jhalfs-2.x but coded in a way that further systems
customizations, support for LFS-alike systems,  and features enhancement
could be achieved by adding plugins on top of the base code.

If that can be made using bash, call it jhalfs-3.x. If decided that is better
to use a compilable language based on the work and development done from
George M., then call it alfs-1.x,  trying to implement also that
not-yet-supported features found in the "alfs Software Requirements
Specification" specs.

I any case, jhalfs-2.x need be maintained and keeped in a production-ready
form until have a new tool able to replace it.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia