Greetings and a General Cleanup

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 3 11:03:34 PST 2006

El Viernes, 3 de Noviembre de 2006 14:39, George Makrydakis escribió:
> M.Canales.es wrote:
> > The new jhalfs code may be something totally different, thus the
> > discussion is open to any one that would expose thier point of view.
>
> Totally different. Does this mean that the C++ route is acceptable?

Is acceptable for the long-time-waited-and-never-implemented new alfs tool.

The issue is that I don't know C, C++, Python, PHP and like, thus migrating
jhalfs to a non-bash/XSL based code will exclude me from its development.

jhalfs born as a POC about automatizing the build from the book sources
instead from manually created XML profiles (like nALFS was doing) to
demonstrate that such thing was possible. Due the lack of available
programmers to implement it in compilable code, the bash form has been
extended and enchanced until what it is now, and what could be in the future.

But I think the bash-based code will lack allways of a crucial feature: the
ability to control simultaneouslly several remote installations/updates.

Said that, maybe you could put your hands on the development of that new alfs
tool based on your ideas and your own way to do the things, helpped by other
programmers if there is someone interested.

I will be very happy in someday we have a alfs binary implementation that make
obsolete the bash-based jhalfs code.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia