jhalfs X: reworked paco patch try2

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 31 10:40:17 PST 2006

El Viernes, 31 de Marzo de 2006 20:23, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> This may be more difficult to generate.  If you can't immediately
> think of a way to handle a generic ITERATIONS, then focus on the case
> of 3.  It will be more important to get the looping and testing
> correct.

To define how many iterations must be done don't should be difficult after
after having the default 3 ready.

> Also, I don't know how jhalfs handles logging, but the rotating of
> logs would be helpful.  I.e., if do_ica_test shows that there are
> differences between iteration1 bison and iteration2 bison, having
> build logs of both will help considerably in debugging the issue.
> Again, this is a secondary feature, so only focus on this if you
> immediately see a way to handle it.

It's very easy inserting on each iteration-N target:

  cd logs/
  mkdir interation-N
  mv {list of log files for rebuild_system target} iteration-N

> Keep me updated, Manuel.  I need to get more of my BLFS tasks taken
> care of, but I'll be happy to contribute soon.

I would to start playing with the ICA support into the experimental branch
after merging the current code to trunk.

That will allow us to have an  "almost stable" code in trunk while working on
new features in the expiremental branch.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia