jhalfs X: reworked paco patch try2

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 31 09:28:04 PST 2006

El Viernes, 31 de Marzo de 2006 00:33, Dan Nicholson escribió:
> On 3/30/06, M.Canales.es <manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > First, create a tarball of /tools and remove the dir (maybe that should
> > be done by default)
>
> Except you need /tools for the first iteration.

Well, the first iteration is the standard "make chapter6"

> > Then, for each iteration in ITERATIONS create a Makefile target like:
> >
> > iteration-N: iteration-(N - 1)
>
> Sounds good to me.  I don't know make syntax well, so I don't know the
> best way to do the looping in a Makefile.  All my work has been in
> bash.

Thinking more on that, seem to me that may not be needed to call make from
inside the Makefile. If RUN_ICA=1, we could to create an additional
"rebuild_system" target including all chapter6 packages targets as their
dependencies (plus the *-strippingagain one, if STRIP=1).

Then, just after finished the first full chapter06 build, add:

iteration1:  chapter6
  tar -cjf /tools-$BOOK_VERSION.tar.bz2 /tools
  rm -rf /tools
  prepare_ica
  rm -f {list of touched files that need be redone for rebuild_system target}
  touch iteration1

iteration2:  iteration1  rebuild_system
  prepare_ica
  rm -f {list of touched files that need be redone for rebuild_system target}
  touch iteration2

iteration3: iteration2  rebuild_system
  prepare_ica
  do_ica_test