jhalfs X: reworked paco patch try2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:33:11 PST 2006

On 3/30/06, M.Canales.es <manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> First, create a tarball of /tools and remove the dir (maybe that should be
> done by default)

Except you need /tools for the first iteration.

> Then, for each iteration in ITERATIONS create a Makefile target like:
>
> iteration-N: iteration-(N - 1)

Sounds good to me.  I don't know make syntax well, so I don't know the
best way to do the looping in a Makefile.  All my work has been in
bash.

> The kernel need to be rebuilded for ICA purposses?

I don't do it.  I think there are timestamps in the kernel binary, so
it will always differ.  It doesn't hurt, though.  The only things you
really don't want to do on the after the first iteration are Essential
Symlinks and Re-Adjusting the toolchain.  Everything else will just
overwrite the old files.

--
Dan