jhalfs-X, optional scripts.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 29 13:07:47 PST 2006

El Miércoles, 29 de Marzo de 2006 22:47, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    I see you added some comments to the TODO list.  Could be done by
> adding a "custom" directory to the book generated command dir,
> lfs-commands/custom, where user defined scripts could be placed.

Not in all cases. For example, the discussed example in the TODO requires to
insert a *-cracklib script just before the *-shadow one. Or the user may want
to change Grub for Lilo, Man-DB by Man, etc ...

In other cases, like when building dependencies for the BLFS module, the
custom/ dir with a separate common_Makefiles function, could be a better
choice.

>    The scripts would have to stick to very strong guidelines on design
> for them to work with the jhalfs.

Of course, but all that if future work. I need also some days of relax and the
next goals should be to fix BLFS and to add ICA/farce support.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia