jhalfs-X build status

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 26 10:24:35 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 3/26/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> Manuel,
>>    I have completed an 'alphabetical' and 'udev_update'. They boot with
>> no problems.
>
> George, what kind of supercomputer are you running?  This is roughly
> the 15th system you've built and booted this week. :)

an Intel 640-EMT64 3.2ghz 1g mem and sata drives
an Intel 530       3.0ghz 512m and a few ide disks
**
  A 32-node quantum computer with direct cortex interface should be
arriving next month
** :-)

  With both Manuel and myself diddling the jhalfs-X code the only way I
can thorughly test changes is through a build/boot cycle. A build takes
a little over 2 hours (vs. 75 minutes for DIY-Linux)

   I lost access to Alpha machines a few years ago and can not justify
buying a DS20E (Alpha tower) to the missus..

  ** what we need is a distributed compile farm **