A suggestion for building the kernel batchly.

David Rosal david.rosal at upf.edu
Sun Mar 26 04:30:35 PST 2006

Hello.

I just finished my first jhalfs!

All packages were installed without any single keypress for my part. But
when the build entered the kernel stage (135-kernel), "make" began to
prompt me for kernel options. That's because I use the config file from
my host system, which is LFS-6.1.1 with linux-2.6.11.12, and there are
new options in 2.6.12.5 that need to be set manually.

Well, I just suggest: shouldn't it be a good idea to accept the defaults
for those new options, and let the build be executed batchly? I have
achieved that by issuing:

    yes "" | make

instead of simply:

    make