jhalfs-X kernel config files

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 21 13:39:45 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Martes, 21 de Marzo de 2006 05:52, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    I will need to think on standardizing the handling of CONFIG and
>> FSTAB files. Normally the files are always 'visible' but with a CLFS
>> 'minimal boot' method that is not true.
>>

> Look like that has been already solved, true?

   yes.. partially.
   Kernel config files are first copied to /sources and then the scripts
access them from there. Solves the problem of isolation caused by
'chroot jail'.

   Only a small change to FSTAB, I decided it was not that much of a issue.

 >>> NEW thought/issue:  (cc:clfs-dev for feedback)

   With CLFS in the 'boot minimal' mode. The authors recommended the
kernel config for the bootstrap contain the absolute minimum necessary
to boot the partition. The 'final' .config would contain all the bells
and whistles the builder wished.
   Should be add a another parameter to config for the bootstrap kernel.

..suggested format..
#-- If BOOTMINIMAL=1 this is the .config file for the bootstrap kernel
BOOTSTRAP_CONFIG=