jhalfs experimental BLFS

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 20 13:09:29 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Lunes, 20 de Marzo de 2006 21:39, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    The uClibc config patch is actually the config file and does/did
>> produce a bootable partition in the past..
>
> In the book say that that is an starting point, but that more configuration is
> needed to suit the user needs.
>
> Is a similar situation like if we add the .config file used in the Live CD to
> build the kernel. It will compile and may boot the system, but maybe isn't
> what the user will need.

   Unless we put a CONFIG_uClbc into the HLFS config file how could we
use it.  The builder can unpack the uClibc package, configure it their
taste and save the .config file with the ${CONFIG_uClibc} name
   inside bash (or pass to XSL as a parameter)
   if [[ -z  ${CONFIG_uClibc} ]]; then
     do nothing
   else
     remove the config-3 patch
     cp $CONFIG_uClibc .config
   fi

>>    Has someone broken the clfs x86 book. I am no longer able to run the
>> bash without errors. I had no problem earlier in the day???
>
> Look like a validation issue in the book sources due the kernel update commit.
>
> I will try to fix it now.

   OK