jhalfs experimental BLFS part: Optional "sudo make install" and SRC_ARCHIVE ?

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 20 11:23:24 PST 2006

El Lunes, 20 de Marzo de 2006 11:35, Tor Olav Stava escribió:
> Would it be possible to make the "sudo" optional for the install
> commands in BLFS?
> I know the scripts will have to be run as root (or user with installing
> privilege), which may be risky, but it's the only way I can make Paco
> work with BLFS. It's not possible to log suid programs. :(

That is easy. Remove this code from blfs.xsl (inside the "screen" tenplate
near the end of the file):

          <xsl:if test="@role = 'root'">
            <xsl:text>sudo </xsl:text>
          </xsl:if>

> It would also be excellent if the BLFS part would honour the SRC_ARCHIVE
> set in the common/config file. It works nicely with HLFS and LFS, but I
> can see the packages are handled a bit different in BLFS.

That is more diffult to solve due an issue with patches management. I will see
what could be done when starting the BLFS code depuration (after finish the
CLFS code review that I will start tomorrow).

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia