jhalfs experimental BLFS part: Optional "sudo make install" and SRC_ARCHIVE ?

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Mon Mar 20 02:35:48 PST 2006

Would it be possible to make the "sudo" optional for the install
commands in BLFS?
I know the scripts will have to be run as root (or user with installing
privilege), which may be risky, but it's the only way I can make Paco
work with BLFS. It's not possible to log suid programs. :(

It would also be excellent if the BLFS part would honour the SRC_ARCHIVE
set in the common/config file. It works nicely with HLFS and LFS, but I
can see the packages are handled a bit different in BLFS.

Tor Olav