jhalfs-X HLFS patches missing

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Fri Mar 17 15:38:55 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:

>El Viernes, 17 de Marzo de 2006 21:56, Tor Olav Stava escribió:
>

>>That's ok, I've already lost most of my hair :)
>>I'm sure it could be done using a 'sed' approach against the finished
>>bash scripts, but then you can probably rule me out :(
>>

>I think that many of the PACO stuff could be done with a patch against the XSL
>code, instead of patching the bash code. The used variables and commands are
>the same for all packages (except the $name-$vrs ones, that is the more
>difficult part in XSL).
>
>That will allow to create a less intrusive and more easy to maintain patch,
>IMHO.

I'm limited in what I can manage with my skills, so hacking the
master.sh scripts and the common-functions file is the only way for me
to go right now. The closest I've got to XML or XSL is hacking the nALFS
scripts, and that's actually the reason that I'm now testing jhalfs ;)

>>I really want this to work, if nothing else at least for my own use
>>right now.
>>And of course, if something breaks, then it needs to be fixed ;)
>>

>I also want it working for personal purposes ;-)

Nice.. I'll see what I can do about that :) The patches for LFS and HLFS
was almost ready for the trunk, but I'm now looking at the experimental
version, which looks better, but will have lots of changes.. I'm at tad
bit confused, but think I'll continue on the exp. way...

Tor Olav