jhalfs and package managers.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 17 14:17:53 PST 2006

El Viernes, 17 de Marzo de 2006 22:58, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel, Tor
>
>    I am all for PM's if we can handle multiple styles. When you get
> around to CLFS you will see I have hard coded, but easily removable,
> some header info directly into the scripts.

Yes, I know, but the bash code will have many intrusive changes (deeper
modularization, fix of dirty hacks, etc ..) while the XSL for LFS and HLFS is
almost ready.

>    I know that GeorgeM nZyme project may provide us with a method of
> dealing with the build data (extracted from xml docs) that "might" be
> easier

We will see...

> than trying to incorporate mulitiple PM formats in a single xsl
> script.

If each PM is into their own patch, no matter what files/code they are
patching. The default code must be neutre. When you apply a PM patch, then
you start using that PM.

As a sort term solution for the experimental branch, patching the XSL could be
more feasible due that will have less changes.

>    oh well... hlfs script died..

... that is the live.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia