jhalfs HLFS Paco patch

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 06:43:14 PST 2006

On 3/17/06, Tor Olav Stava <t-ol-sta at online.no> wrote:
> I did actually consider it, but it won't help me get rid of that "ugly"
> if statement. I need to avoid the first few scripts in chapter06, as
> some of them won't create any log for Paco, and thus it will fail trying
> to parse a nonexistent logfile.

Well, that one's not so tough.  if [ -f "$PACO_TMPFILE" ]; then...
This is safer in the long run anyway because you don't have to
guarantee that a script produces files before you run it.

> It seems I have to do it the way you suggest. Under any circumstance I
> can't avoid installing Paco twice. It still needs to be reinstalled
> after the toolchain have been readjusted in Ch06 to make it work on the
> final system.

But, if it makes you feel any better, the build of paco is very short
compared to a gcc make bootstrap.

> So I'm back for another hack ;)

There's always gonna be some hacks.  It comes with the territory of
boostrapping a system.  Tell me if you spot any hacks in the LFS book.
:-)  (I'll give you a hint: Creating Essential Symlinks, Re-adjusting
the Toolchain, ...)

--
Dan