jhalfs HLFS Paco patch

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 17 06:06:06 PST 2006

Tor Olav Stava wrote:
> George Boudreau wrote:
>
>> Tor Olav Stava wrote:

> I've checked out the experimental version, and it looks a lot better :)
> I'm a couple days set back, but at least I've learned a lot, so I'll
> make it work in the modular approach. Hopefully it will even look
> cleaner, than my first attempt.
>
> Just for reference: What's gonna happen to the trunk? I'm wondering if I
> should complete the patch for the LFS part, or abandon the trunk
> altogether..

   My original jhahlfs is in the mainainence mode at the moment and only
bug fixes are being applied. Manuel wrote earlier that he expected the X
branch to move to the trunk in the near future. ( near= next
week/month/year )

> And why's there no reference to the experimental version on the ALFS
> homepage? I mistakenly thought experimental and development version to
> be the same :(

   The experimental branch was my attempt to address the TODO list and
is  just that; experimental. It was posted to the svn only a few weeks
ago and is morphing by the hour. It will be difficult for you to patch
such a dynamic set of files.